When applying for your Driving Test there are a few things you need to know:
- You must have held your first Learner Permit for six months or more on the day of your test.
- If the learners permit is under six months, your examiner will not conduct the test, you will also lose your test fee and will have to re-apply for your test.
- You must be insured to drive the vehicle in which you are driving the day of your test.
- If you do not own a car, most driving schools will rent a car to you on the day of your test.
Once you have completed your driving lessons and you feel your driving is now at a competent standard, then it’s time to apply for your driving test.
Please see below for ways in which to apply:
- You can apply online: Click here to apply for your driving test online. or
- You can pick up the application form from your local Garda station / tax office or library.
The waiting time for the driving test is approximately 6 to 8 weeks depending on the area you wish to be tested, although you are not guaranteed to get the area you want. When you get your test date, be sure to book your pre-test course early, to ensure availability.
Note: there might be a cancellation and you could get a date sooner than you expected so bear that in mind.
“Wow the big road is scary, but I feel so much more confident, you have worked wonders.” Dominic Cuccio
“Ok i’ve just passed my first car on the N11, i’m ready for the test ha lets go, thanks for making me feel great.” Linda Cormac
“Yes Yes Yes Rathgar i’ve bet you haha fantastic, couldnt have done it without you guys, go Pass My Test.” Sharon Miles