The driving test is pretty straightforward and for cars it will last about between 40 and 45 minutes and will include:
- Questions on the Rules of the Road that include identifying road signs and demonstrating hand signals
- A hill start
- Reversing around a corner
- A turnabout in the road
- Driving approximately 4 – 5 miles under a variety of road and traffic conditions.
Your driving will be assessed in the following situations:
- Moving off;
- Driving in traffic;
- Reversing round a corner;
- Starting on a hill;
Aspects of your driving assessed will include:
- Road positioning;
- Overtaking and passing;
- Use of mirrors and signals;
- Anticipation and observation;
- Compliance with traffic lights, road signs and markings;
- Use of the vehicle controls (accelerator, clutch, gears, brakes and steering).
- Use of secondary controls such as wipers, demisters, etc.