The information you need will be written on the back of your application form with a checklist. These are:
- Your theory test pass certificate.
- The completed application form.
- An eyesight report (Form D502)
- Download the eyesight report form in English (pdf)
- A medical report (Form D501) (if applicable).
- Download the medical report form in English (pdf) (not available at the moment)
- Two passport sized photographs which need to be signed on the back.
- The fee (€15).
If you are applying for your licence by post, pay the fee by cheque, bank draft or postal order, made payable to your local authority. If you are applying for your licence in person, you may pay the fee in cash.
After you have done this you will be issued with a receipt of application.
Note: This is not a learner permit and should not be taken as such. You should receive your permit within 10 days.
Now that you have received your learner’s permit you are ready to start taking driving lessons.
“I’m on the road and driving and i’m so excited thanks thanks thanks.” Lisa Monaghan
“Getting the hang of this driving lark now, didn’t think i’d ever get it, thanks for hanging on in there and giving me those vital tips.” Lukas Turina
“Driving really isnt so bad, thanks to you” Christian Jira